Monday, March 29, 2010

Christ Our Passover


From Monday evening to Tuesday evening marks the Lord's Passover. This is the day that many Christians call the Last Supper. It was more than that, though. It was our Jewish Savior, with his Jewish disciples, following a precious Jewish custom. It was so important to the Lord that "he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer." (Luke 22:15). Even more so, during the supper, the Lord reminded the disciples to keep the Passover "in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19). Even Paul, years afterwards, says that “Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us celebrate the feast!” (I Corinthians 5:7-8).

Happy Passover! Keep the feast in remembrance of our Lord.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." (Matthew 5:17)

No comments: